Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The End of the Busy Season

Kyle and I after his Hastings Tournament

Most of the dance team minus Hannah and Brenna. Kyle at Bingo night... all dressed up for a night out on the town! (you are supposed to dress up like an elderly person to get extra bingo cards)

Dance team being silly.



Kyle and I after a dance team performance.


Me and most of the team :) minus Brenna







Kyle and I have been extremely busy this semester. He has been trying to catch up with Athletic Training hours before he graduates (200 at the end of December). He has a lot of school work and some pretty tough classes, Pharmacology, Motor Learning, a Coaching class, and some others that are escaping me right now. So he has been spending all of his spare time trying to stay caught up in his classes. He has two big tests this semester. He wants his Strength and Conditioning something or other, man I should have him here while I'm writing this, and he also is going to become a Certified Athletic Trainer. Both tests are really difficult, so prayers for those to go well are greatly appreciated.


Kyle has also been wrestling this semester. Its been difficult as he has been jumping around with weight classes a little bit, he even got his chance at heavy weights!! His normal weight was 184, but that was at the same as another wrestler on the team who needed to get ranked better for qualifying, so it was difficult to get a chance to wrestle. However, when he didn't wrestle he was the team's student Athletic Trainer, so he was able to rack up some hours with that. He will be going to wrestling nationals as an Athletic Trainer and he should be able to get at least 50 hours there!


My semester has been pretty busy as well. We have been wrapping up the dance team season, and as head captain I've been busy making more routines as well as other odds and ends things. Our dance showcase will be this Saturday at 7:30 pm in the Bultman Center :) I'm choreographing a dance right now with one other Sr. to perform at that as well. Hopefully we get it done in time!

Classes I'm taking this semester are Painting, Women in Public, Spanish (woo... hoo...), and Web Design. Most of them are very fun and I'm even taking a class trip to Chicago for one of them!


Speaking of trips :D I will be going to Amsterdam next week Friday for an amazing service trip opportunity. We will be spending our time in a Christian Youth Hostel right off of the Red Light District. Our mornings will consist of cleaning the hostel and our evenings will consist of chattin it up with those that stay there. I'm planning on writing about everyone I meet and Taking a photo of everyone so I can share them on here, kind of an photo journalism/evangelizing type of thing. I will probably put one photo up every so often and hopefully some of what affects me while I'm there will affect you as well.

I'm also adding some recent pics, I know people like those. But I hope all of you have a great week and God Bless!





-Jenni the future Miss Kyle Ochsner :)


No comments: