Sunday, August 16, 2009

Visits, Jobs, and School

Kyle is starting school in a week. He's excited, but maybe a little apprehensive as he is teaching classes for his TA position. He has been studying up a lot and I think he will do a great job! I'm excited for him to have a schedule and to go to school again because I know how much he loves it.

I am starting work next week as a cashier part time at a furniture store. Abercrombie has not moved me into my MIT position yet and we need a way to find money to pay the bills. Kyle can't get a part time job because he needs to do a lot of volunteering in the strength and conditioning department. If he does this he will get a lot of great recommendations after college and hopefully some job offers! (Also hopefully from other universities so Jenni can live somewhere else :) ).

Mom and Casey visited last week! It was SOO awesome having them here! Mom, who is honestly my best friend, was so helpful and loving. It was great to spend time with her in person again. I miss her dearly. While we are in such a financial crunch right now it is great to have a loving family here to do what they can to help.

When mom was here, she not only was a wonderful friendly face from home that I miss so much, but she helped us cook, get groceries, and she even got us two more folding chairs (to make 4) to go around our lovely sagging card table in the kitchen so we could all eat together!

Mom, Casey and I spent time at the pool, at the lazy river, the ranching museum, Ransom Canyon, and showing them other lovely sites about Lubbock... Which wasn't much, and I forgot to show them stepford-ville, but they will visit again :) We also taught Casey how to dive! She got so good while she was here. After only a few belly flops, and with the help of our friend Mr. Curtis, she really improved!

Kyle spent the day today plugging up all the holes in our ceiling with expanding foam. Our ceiling is made out of steel, and these steel planks leave our apartment open to outside and the breezeway (the landlord did stuff bits of rags in there to have a bit of a boundary) lol. So, to keep our apartment cooler, to keep the bugs out, not to mention that awful curry smell that makes our whole apartment smell like musty B.O; Kyle filled them all in! I will let you know next time if it worked!

He also covered up the vent in the bathroom with Plexiglas and plumbers putty. This helped a lot to keep the curry smell out, but it didn't do everything. We have 6 neighbors from India living in a one bedroom apartment above us. They eat an over abundance of curry.

I am cheating this week. I should be editing photos for business non stop, but I haven't edited ONE of my own photos since before my wedding! So I went through some today and I'm adding some for all of you.

Miss you tons!

-Jenni and Kyle

Kyle and I at the random sunflower field on our way to see Ransom Canyon


Mom and I at the sunflower feild

Casey Rockin it out at the sunflower field



Casey and I enjoying the pool at our apartment

I love her!!!

Teachin Casey how to dive

Casey diving (she is even better than this now!)

Back dive

Ox... yes its a long horn, but close enough :)

Casey outside of the National Ranching Museum

The girls

Chris

Me and Chris enjoying the museum

hmm.. at least Lubbock is checked off, don't have to hit up that one again...
Casey inside a outrageously big spur..

Casey again

Mom, Casey and I leaving our apartment for the first time to explore the great city of Lubbock

Baking with my Kitchenaid for the first time!!! (this was right after we moved in, so a little old)
p.s.... I showed this video to my mom so she could see parts of Lubbock that just weren't worth visiting :) Its funny! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt9PX-PNsR0

1 comment:

Ellen said...

hey Jenni! I just caught up on some of your blog... and enjoyed it a lot. How is the new job?