Friday, March 26, 2010

Visits

WOW! Have we been busy or what?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30815306&l=bf75b7ee48&id=110800292 here is a pic of coach and chloe right when we got them :)
Three weekends ago my parents and Casey visited here in Lubbock. We actually met up with them in Palo Duro Canyon and went hiking! We had an awesome picnic and the weather was perfect :) I will definitely be going back there, it was beautiful!
Later that night we went to Cagles, which is a ranch and steakhouse. They raise their own cattle and you eat their cattle. It was soooo tasty. That was for Mom's Birthday, and it was something REALLY Texan. The next day we had pancakes at home (a weekly thing for Kyle and I) and enjoyed seeing some sites. On Sunday we went wine tasting and out to eat at a Bar B Q joint. It was so wonderful having my fam here and being able to be close to them again. The distance is hard but I will be seeing them again mid April.
Here are some pics from the weekend...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30807029&l=bb377a1de5&id=110800292


The next weekend Kyle's Parents came with Andrea and a surprise! Reed, Andrea's Boyfriend came along as well. We made our "Healtier Lasagna" for them as well as pancakes of course :) We had some down home bar b que from Big E's Bbq and we had chocolate chimmichangas at Ruby Tequilas. We spent some time checking out houses at Ransom Canyon and in Lubbock. We also picked some cotton ;) and figured out how they grow it down here and the differences from Lubbock to Nebraska and Iowa. We also went out to eat at Cagles. It was really fun getting to know Andrea's boyfriend as well as seeing his fam again. Like I said with my fam, we are just too far away.
The link up top will also get you to some pics from this weekend.


This past weekend we watched Justin and Lauren's dog Katarza. She is a Chow/German Shepherd and SO pretty! We had Taco's with Dustin and Megan on Friday night and watched a movie. It was so fun getting to know them! We also went shopping Saturday as I still had a gift card from Christmas (Thank you Andrea :) ). That evening we ate burgers with the Kukal's and watched another movie. It was a good weekend and Coach misses Katarza dearly!


It has been a busy month! This weekend I'm on my own with Coach. Kyle left last night at 11pm for Baton Rouge Louisiana with Texas Tech's Rugby team. He is helping out with nutrition and strength and conditioning. This is regionals, they already won Texas State Champs, and if they win this weekend they will go on to Nationals in Florida! I really hope Kyle has a blast! As for me I have a bunch of varied plans this weekend that I need to decide between, but they all sound so fun!


Kyle and I have some hopes and dreams in the works, Please pray for us as we want what God wants. We have been praying that he leaves doors wide open that he wants open and closes the doors that won't be good for us. Some decisions are just so hard!


We hope you all have a great weekend!


-Jenni and Kyle

No comments: