We went to Colorado this past weekend. It was such a blast, especially seeing all of the friends we were able to connect with! We stayed with Tim and Kim Naiman in their nice apartment with a great view! We also saw almost all of Tim's family, Brittnee Wood, and Blaine Crawford.
A couple months back we got cheap tickets for a flight to Colorado, it was only $50 a person! We left Friday morning and were picked up by Tim and Kim at the airport. We dropped our stuff off and went straight to the Coors brewery in Golden. This would be Tim and Kyle's 3rd time on the tour, but I had never seen it before and neither had Kim so we went and had a good time. After that we went out to eat at Golden Europe which was fabulous and I suggest it to anyone who ever visits CO.
The next day we went downtown and saw the sights. After that we drove to Blackhawk and Kyle and I blew $5 in the penny slots. Gambling was fun, but what was more fun was the drive there and back. It was so beautiful! We went to Blaine's apartment that evening and Brittnee and Blaine made us supper! It was a wonderful vegetarian meal but I can't say it was so wonderful from Tim and Kyle later... If anyone knows them they will know what I'm talking about haha. We also played Train dominoes or something like that, I forget the name. It took us 3 hours but it was really fun!
Sunday we went to the Bump and Grind, which we heard from B and B that it was an awesome place for brunch on the weekends. They have Transvestite servers that give you a hard time the entire time your there. Especially if you decide to cut your muffin and eat it with a fork like Britt ;). However, when we got there they had a sign on the door saying "closed indeffinitly, we will let you know when we get it worked out, xoxo."
It was quite unfortunate that we couldn't go there, but then we went to Tim's uncle's coffee shop and enjoyed some exquisite coffee/ hot cocoa. I forgot to mention that for lunch twice Kim cooked for us! It was wonderful! We had an awesome cheesy chicken casserole/ spaghetti as well as kick butt chicken artichoke pizza.
Sunday night we went to Casa Bonita. I must say, however mediocre the food was, the entertainment was by far past sub par. :) They were very entertaining, there was even cliff dining. Even though it is a oncer for Kyle and I, we wouldn't have changed the choice we made to go there for the world. It was so much fun! However part of the entertainment may have been Tim's brother and sister Matthew and Natalie.
We flew home early on Monday morning, and even though the trip was short lived, it was totally worth it! It rejuvenated me to go back to work with a smile on my face and was a nice get away for Kyle right before classes started again for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment