I wrote this up, but I am without a computer now so its difficult to post, but here is what I wrote a couple weeks ago.....
Oh how wonderful it is to have a week off of work. Especially when that week is spent with loved ones that you haven’t seen in while. We flew into Kansas City where Heidi picked us up to bring us to Omaha for Kalina and Luke to pick us up. On our way to Omaha however, Heidi’s car overheated. We tried leaving it off for a while, putting snow on the engine, and took off again only for it to overheat again less then a mile down the road. This is where we decided to call a tow truck. The tow truck came about 45 minutes later to bring us to the nearest town. Nick drove to meet us from Kansas City as Mom and Dad left from Iowa to pick Heidi up from Omaha. Nick brought us to Omaha and I spent a fleeting moment with my parents as we waited for Luke and Kalina (who had been waiting for us in Omaha since 2 and it was now 7.) Then we road with them to Sutton and got there at about 9:30 at night.
We spent that night catching up. It was wonderful. The next day we went Christmas shopping and Bowling! It was so much fun! My highest score was 98, oh well. I guess I just need to go bowling more often and get my game up for next year. By this time we already knew of the big winter storm coming. I was scared that I wouldn’t be able to see my family at all. We ended up leaving Tuesday evening instead of Weds at noon. We first had our wonderful Christmas celebration with the Ochsner family and then packed up to go. We also had a surprise ride along named Andrea J. She was planning on leaving the next day as well to visit her boyfriend over Christmas, but with the weather, and him being 5 hours north of us or so, the fam decided to send her with us. Then she took the Ochsner van and we sent her further north that night yet. She ended up arriving there at 5 am in the morning.
Being back home for the first time since we moved in June was splendid. Watching the beautiful snow fall all day, every day we were there was wonderful. God did bless us with a white Christmas, it is just too bad that it probably messed up a lot of other people’s Christmas plans.
We played a lot of sequence, which we have yet to buy for ourselves sometime this week. I even beat mom once! And I am the one that is horrible at that game! We did the family Christmas with us plus Dwight. Dad got a nice sound system and we got to test it out on the TV downstairs. It was just a fun time chilling out with my fam, watching casey play, seeing my prego sister, chilling out with my dad, and working on the computer with my mom.
I miss home a lot. A lot a lot. Someday we will move closer. I hope. But for now its me and my wonderful hubby exploring the world of Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment