Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Tech Shuffle

At this university that Kyle is now a part of (and me by association) there is a thing called the Tech Shuffle. I will explain with somewhat of a story.

To work out in Lubbock you either need to work out at Tech, work out at your crappy apartment gym (that has 2 "new" treadmills and like 5 machines that you don't even know what they do), or get a BodyWorks membership.

We wanted to do the first, but we called 2 people and were told that we couldn't get a membership at Tech until he went through "orientation". We thought this was weird for gradschool. So we looked into BodyWorks, you have to sign a contract for 2 years! Also, you have to pay $70 a month per person! Yes I know, rediculous.

So, I went and walked on the treadmills.... that was the first and last time I will do that here. So I decided to make a few more phone calls. We called the Tech Rec Center, again, and the lady told us we need to go through the student ID office. So, we called the student ID office, they told us we need to go into the Rec Center and get our ID there. So we did.. The Rec Center was upset we came there and gave us a phone number for someone else at the ID office. So we called the ID office and she told us we had to go to the Rec Center..... I know right? However, in the end the ID lady called the Rec lady and somehow it worked out for Kyle and I to FINALLY get summer passes there. Lame right? I know.

So that is what we call the Tech Shuffle....

In other news, or non-news. There is no job yet for me. I have been told by about 5 places now that I should get a call soon for an interview, but none have called. So far. I did talk to one business that I really like and they said they need to work out some kinks and make sure they can open this new job position with-in their company...

Anyways, thats where we are with jobs. But we are now out of Walmart cards, as the one that we got that said $230 on it only had $30, which was a fun little suprize. (all walmarts fault, we had to ask them what was on it since nothing was written on it and thats what they told us). Even though that means we are out of our "food money" we should be able to keep our heads above water for a little longer. But we also never have to go to Walmart again! YAY!!!

I need to keep asking for your prayers, however selfish that may be. Because for poor college grads to go out on their own, rent an apartment (however crappy and cheap this apartment may be :) ) and pay for food, money runs out fast! A job would be very nice indeed.

in HIS grip

-jenni and kyle ochsner

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi there!

I came across your link from Andrea's facebook page. Sounds like you guys are hanging in there. I love your tech shuffle story and Walmart story! I am also not a fan of Wallyworld.

You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers as you begin your new life venture. You know that God always has a plan, even if it isn't exactly how we think it should be planned! Hopefully you will find a job to your liking soon.

Take care and tell Kyle congrats on passing his exam.

Amy Baumert