Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Walmart

Ok, I am sitting here editing photos and I just can't help myself. I have to tell this story!

Now. We are down here in Texas. The closest place to get food and any other item is a Walmart. I have never been a huge fan of the Walmart cooperation and only went there out of necessity. However, yesterday I swore off Walmart all together. Not only is this one completely backwards from any other Wallyworld I have been to, food on the left and everything else on the right... BUT everything is also in Spanish, so to find things you need for windows you have to look for "viento" or whatever the word is.

Yesterday we had to make a quick run to Walmart. I had food in the crockpot and I needed to add something exactly at 7 pm, so we needed to get back before then. I was going to make some bread, we needed a bike chain, and we needed some eggs. So after we run around trying to find everything we need; getting blocked everyonce-in-a-while by Walmart staff who are standing there, in the middle of no where, doing absolutely nothing; we head to the check out.

Not only are the staff here aimless wonderers, but the people at this walmart are quite the peice of work themselves. (I don't know exactly what this says about me.) Anyways, the lines are outrageously long at the "20 items or less" lanes and there is one other lane (out of the 20) open.

Ok, so we find a lane, the lady scans all of our items but my dry nonfat milk and canned mushrooms. As she scans the milk a red light goes off. She says she has to call a manager. As the assistant manager is making her way over the cashier shows us the slip that printed off when she scanned our "dry nonfat milk" and it says:

1. This item is NOT for sale
2. This item is to be confiscated IMMEDIATELY by a manager
3. Do not continue sales until item is confiscated

So the cashier and the people behind us are all joking around about this rediculous situation and how there is no reason for our dry nonfat milk to be confiscated. When at that moment the assistant manager picks up the dry nonfat milk and walks away. She does not tell me why she is taking it, she does not tell me that she will be back with another one, she doesn't even appologize for the inconvenience.

So
I am not making bread today. I was going to make some of Kylee's famous Strombolie (sp). But I can't because I have no dry nonfat milk to make the bread with.

Moral of the story. We are never NEVER going back to that Walmart ever again. Cross my heart. Stick a needle in my eye.. all that jazz

I just thought that would be a funny story to share with you all. I hope you have a wonderful day!

-Jenni

No comments: