Tuesday, September 22, 2009

keeping life interesting...

So here are a few updates

1. My husband is an amazingly supportive and loving man
2. I got turned down for a job (that I had already been offered) in a pre-printed letter in the mail.
3. I work part time as a cashier at a furniture store....
4. My husband rocks
5. I have gotten 1 e-mail and 2 phone calls to set up photo sessions, one already for this week Sunday!


I now realize that God DOES know what he is doing :). Wow, what a surprise. . . OK but really, after all the stress over jobs and money and health care and groceries, I have been given a sense of assurance this week. Kyle knew that I was going to read this wonderful letter sent by a very poorly guided silly man that works for Abercrombie. As I have said, YES I was offered the job, but when it came down to it my boss was slimey, I lost out on another job, and he changed his mind. When I read this letter (that Kyle read when he held it up to the light previously) Kyle was right behind me rubbing my shoulder, hugging me, kissing my hand, being the very supportive man he is; when in all actuality I was fine.

It has been very hard dealing with questions about my boss. The "do I have the job? why is he not returning my calls? why does he avoid being at work? why does he avoid me in conversation?" I have been very stressed out, but I am not a quitter. I did what I could to figure out why he was hiding from me and now I know. Now I have the complete freedom to apply elsewhere, (even though I already had been the entire time.)

Finding this all out this week was such good timing. I DO have a part time job that IS giving us some form of income (besides Kyle's T.A. stuff and what we took out for loans.) We also know that we can SURVIVE until ... January ISH. Of course this is given that I have not yet found a full-time job. All of this sudden interest in my photography, with out really having any form of advertising thus far at all is very reassuring.

I do believe God granted me with a gift that he wants me to use. People are interested! And it all came this week, which otherwise would have seemed to be a very tough week for me.

I am putting up posters in schools as soon as the approval staff approves it. I also have given a friend of mine some business cards and she's passing them around to friends whom she says are very interested. And I will be putting more posters up around town as much as possible. However, my greatest advertising tool is word of mouth. So getting more and more clients here in Lubbock will help expertly.

Kyle has been keeping very busy. He has his classes, his T.A. classes (which by the way he is teaching all on his lonesome,) he works out, he cooks, he does homework, he is super man! His last two or three weeks have been the worst for him as well, because all of his free time was spent driving back and forth to a town close to here working on a research project. This was truly ALL of his free time.

We also have been looking into our options after grad school. There is Pensacola, Denver, Santa Barbara, Albuquerque, Huskers, and Mizzou? (maybe not that last one :) ) I also have found my favorite apartment complex in each and every one of those places. Surprised?

Even though I hate to say it, Lubbock isn't that bad. What is bad is being away from family with no feasible way of visiting them, being poor, and being stressed out about supporting Kyle and I. I have decided to stop blaming Texas (even though it is very brown here) and realize what I truly dislike about the situation.

What I do like is having a best friend living with me, who is there for me even when I do screw up, even when I can't find a job, even when I get crabby. I also like how a cold front came through so our apartment is actually cold enough to sleep with out the fan! (if we keep the windows open) I also like how I believe I experienced my first dust storm... Even though I had no idea it happened until it was over and someone told me about it. Sad I know, but they don't last long!

Ok, I know there has been a drought with blog posts, and I know this one is very long, but I didn't feel like I could blog while I was in Limbo. I will post more often and hopefully they will be more short and sweet! If anyone saw the Abercrombie bit on Chelsey Lately last night Holla!!!! hahaha

Loves and Misses you all!!!!!!!!

-Jenni (and Kyle) Ochsner

1 comment:

Jessica Kok said...

Hi Jenni.
I'm married to Abby Hooyer's brother, Andre'. I totally stumbled onto your blog from ... well I'm not even sure where! Anyway, you mentioned Lubbock. We used to live in Farwell, TX, which is about 100 miles from Lubbock. Lubbock was our closest Target/civilization. We just moved out of San Antonio. Texas is not my favorite place. I truly believe in loving the place you live in. It really makes survival easier. HOWEVER, if you ever need to bash TX, I'm totally up for hearing it. Brown, brown, brown ...