Friday, November 6, 2009

October

Life is good. Kyle's volenteering has been going wonderfully and I love my job. My workers are amazing, my boss is awesome, and I love my office! I finally finished my two weeks at my part time job so I will have weekends off! I feel relaxed and ready to jump into finishing Andrea's senior photos! As soon as I'm done with Andrea's pics I can move on to our honeymoon pics, family visiting pics, and pics from Labor Day weekend!

Mom and Dad's visit was awesome. Casey ended up staying behind because she couldn't miss school, but it was fun just chillin with mis padres! I must have hugged my dad a billion times. I haven't seen him since we moved in late June! I couldn't even hug my mom too much because that would just make me cry and I promised myself I wouldn't cry the whole time they were here.
We did a lot when they were here too. They got here after a 15 hour drive at 12am. We talked for about an hour, maybe two, before I let them go to sleep. I'm such a bad daughter. :) While they were here we showed them Ransom Canyon which is a cute little town 20 mins east of Lubbock. We also went to Bear Springs Lake and had a picinic there. It made me think of all the awesome vacations our family has gone on. Road tripping to see the beautiful sites in wyoming, california, Maine, and everything in between. Sitting on rocks by a peacefull lake and eating a pre-packed lunch. After we sat on the rocks by the lake we found some pretty nice picinic tables that we could have sat at, but it was much more worth it to chill on the rocks like old times. We also saw a ton of ducks and geese at this lake. I will upload pics of their entire visit as soon as I have the time.

After trying to feed the geese and after Kyle almost getting his finger bit off by a goose we left Bear... Buffalo Springs Lake and showed dad the blossoming cotton. He was really interested to see it like that because dad is such a farm guy and he has never seen cotton blossom. I have some pictures of that coming as well.
We went out to eat at Rudy's BBQ, we sat at tables and ate our food on napkins. Mom and I went shopping together which I LOVE shopping with mom and getting her to get stuff that she loves. She doesn't treat herself enough! Dad found a sweet dealer that had tons of used Harley's and we might check them out someday when we have dual income :). We also went to the Harley store and Kyle found a coat he liked,... maybe he can get one once he gets his motorcycle license.
I had some horrible planning going on for this past weekend. I planned on donig so much but I was so excited that they were coming that I never did any actual planning. We went to the tractor museum, but it was closed, we went to the windmill museum, but it was closed. However, we did watch desperate housewives like old times. Watched the Huskers dissapoint against Texas Tech, and we watched the Punisher. We grilled some steaks, had a potroast, and I made some guinness and gouda soup, which the recipe still has some revamping if you ask me.
We toured McKinsey Park and stopped at Prarie Dog town. I showed mom and dad the strip, which they loved and I will upload pictures. You never understand how funny it is until you can actually see it. Little Las Vegas we call it because of all the neon lights and the drive through liqour stores.:) Dad wasn't able to find the camera that night so I need to get him some pics soon so he can show the fellas at work.
Mom and Dad brought us the same wine that we had at the wedding and we can't wait to have a taste of it again. I spilled the first batch that we had actually made at the wedding all over the grass in front of the Ochsner's house when I was trying to take too many things inside at once.
My job is such a perfect fit. I have 6 assistnats, 3 of which we hired this week. Kyle and I will move there as soon as something opens up which is kind of bitter sweet. Sweet because its free, has a washer, dryer, dishwasher, two bedrooms, and any extra furniture we might need. Bitter because Kyle needs to get up at 4:15 in the morning and he needs to get his sleep; around noisy college students that isn't going to be easy. Also bitter because eventhough our apartment is small and we didn't like it at first, Kyle has put a lot of work into it and it is finally feeling like a home. I love our apartment now, but saving money is more important.

With this job I have a large office, big pretty windows, and a staff that I love. I will be doing leasing as well as being in charge of the Community Assistants. I am so in love with it and have met so many awesome people, on our property and the sister properties in town. If any of you are curious about it (I can't remember if I mentioned it before) this is my property www.upointe.com and our coorperate company is American Campus Communites.
 
So to all of you back home, in Colorado, and everywhere else, have a happy Friday! Thanks for getting through this super long update and I hope to hear from each and every one of you on how life is going!
 
Loves and Misses!!!
 
-Jenni O, AGM :)

No comments: