Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bell Ringers

Wow, it has been over a month since I have posted!

Lots of things can happen in a month. But first I must say Happy 2 year anniversary Sarah and Dustin Grabe!!! I hope it was marvelous!

It is actually our 6 month anniversary today as well, so that should keep it easy to remember! We cracked open our wedding wine tonight and each had a glass. It is wonderful stuff :) We had gone Christmas shopping today, and it made me realize why I always do it throughout the year. The traffic is what was really bad. However I had a great time with my hubby today!

There are bell ringers outside of everywhere, the mall, Wallgreens, Target, and even a home improvement store. I was really upset I gave my only dollar bill to the first one we saw. If I was smart I would have waited until the 5th or 6th bell ringer. Then when I felt super guilty for avoiding eye contact with these super nice bell ringers all day I could have given it to the last one I saw and felt a little better. But instead I sit here at home feeling like a horrible person because I don't carry cash.

We ate out at one of our favorite restaurants in town, "Lite Bite." The owner of the store almost knows us by name now, just like Peter at Bamboo Garden in Sioux Center. We are also able to buy all the Tahini and Couscous we want as well as any other random odd thing that most other grocery stores don't carry.

We had Isaac and Tara visit the week before Thanksgiving. We had so much fun. It makes us want to come live closer to home more than ever. We went out to eat at a barbecue joint, went to the OU/TT game on Saturday. Watched the Huskers game that night, and spent the rest of the weekend just chilling out and enjoying our good friends from Lincoln.

When Thanksgiving came around we decided to drive the 11 hours to go to Nebraska! It was so nice to see familiar landscape and loved ones. We celebrated Turkey Day at Kyle's parents house and it was so tasty! My family came on Friday with one more person then I expected! I am so excited that my sister Heidi is having a baby and that I'm going to be an aunt!  Everyone else thinks its going to be a boy, however, its a girl, trust me.


Grandma Anona and Grandpa Charlie will be here on Tuesday, which is also my 24th birthday. What a great birthday present! I'm very excited to see them, Kyle has never actually met Charlie! We are going to have a lot of fun seeing them on their way to their winter hideaway in Arizona.

Well, We shall talk to you soon!

Much love

-Jenni and Kyle Ochsner

No comments: