Monday, July 12, 2010

July!

Oh my gosh this June and into this July has been crazy! The job that I was working at was interfering too much with my photography work and it was really eating at me. Although it was a great job for someone, it just didn't work for Jenni :(. I put my two weeks in and God gave me this peace about everything. Peace that my photography would pick up, and peace that I would find a full time job that would be perfect for me in the amount of time that I needed to find a job. Guess what? I already found a job! I will be working in the Texas Tech International Center! I'm so excited! Its hourly, full time, I receive free benefits, I can take free classes, and has a scholarship for Kyle each semester! The two best parts are: I can either walk, bike, or ride my new motorcycle to school; AND it doesn't interfere AT all with my love of photography!

God is good, all the time! Also, with in my brief break between jobs I have gotten two more weddings next spring and other photo shoots this summer! I am hoping for more, but just those two weddings alone are a great blessing. I LOVE using the talent God gave me and I hope it can become more of a full time thing once Kyle graduates.

Kyle has been working so very hard this summer. His internship is still going strong and he is also playing Rugby! He is very good at it! (However, I may be biased.) He is also taking one of his most important classes this summer and he is really into it! This is what his books look like right now....



I have been traveling a lot too! We have been to so many places recently, I think I hit up most of them on my last blog post. We went home together for the Ochsner Picnic in Nebraska. We got to see a lot of good friends including (but not limited to) Isaac and Tara Schelkopf, Kalina and Luke Ridder, Andrea Ochsner and Reed Rau, Kyle's parents, Justin, and aaah so much more! Here are some pictures from that trip...



Wine by the Fire was so tasty. We also did fireworks which was fun too!


Kyle enjoyed his beer by the fire. I may blow these pictures up and frame them for his future "man cave" in our future house... whenever we get around to that. :)
Kyle and Isaac had a lot of fun together. Its fun seeing Kyle with good friends he hasn't hung out with in a while. The parade was fun too. My favorite part is how excited the kids are to hear the fire engines and then they just cover their ears up.
There were thunderstorms the night of dugout days so I was able to enjoy shooting a little bit of that with my camera. Kyle spent a lot of time the next day at Ochsner picnic talking with his Grandma O. Aren't they cute?

 The kids had a lot of fun games to play at the Ochsner Picnic, Including this one where they had to try and get all the marshmallows out of their bucket without using their hands...

I think this may have been against the rules. But hey, hands up to you Thomas for thinking of such a creative Idea!




Ah, I love this man! Kyle James, you are my everything!
 Now here is for a bit of a Mia montage. She is such a cheese! Love it! "Pictures of Mia? Can I see Mia? Take a picture of Mia?" AH of course I will Mia! 
 MMMM Ice cream!
Oh we had so much fun at Ochsner Picnic. We got to catch up with many family members and had a blast doing so! Should I make this blog post even longer by adding my week back home in Iowa? Hmmm... Nah I will just save that for the next time. Love you all!

-Kyle and Jenni Ochsner

No comments: