Yes
I have plenty of things that are way more important to blog about than this. However, you will have to sit through this blog today if you have come here, and I apologize.
A year ago we were couch shopping as we had no good furniture in our apartment to sit on with more than one person, just a hodge podge of chairs that didn't belong in the same room together. I found a couch I LOVED at a furniture store. It was contemporary, awesome, and oh yeah, full of awesomeness!!! Here is a picture of that couch.
It cost $1300, and that was only for the couch. If you wanted the ottoman it would be $400 more. That made the couch and ottoman $1700.
My parents got me a WONDERFUL Christmas present. That was a couch. Of course it was not this almost 2k couch of my dreams. Even so, it is a pretty great and comfortable couch. We do love it. Thanks mom and dad, you rock! In the back of my head though I still hear my brain crying, "Jenni! You should have gotten the green couch with the cool attached side tables! You will always have dreams and nightmares about this couch for the rest of your life! It is such a shame that you decided not to put yourself through a financial crisis over a couch."
Well, 2 months ago or so the dream couch decided to be discontinued. I was heart broken and devastated. They had one left in the store, but it was still too much for our budget as I was switching jobs and we were living off of love. I love you husband.
Well, now we are getting to the purpose of this blog. I was down in the dumps a little tonight so what did I do? I went online window shopping. First it was things I need for my photography business, which gets depressing fast because it is all so expensive and so far out of my reach. Then I went to shopping for clothing that I could wear while photographing weddings. After that it was cool hair things. Then, I had a whim, I thought "what if that couch is still out there somewhere? What if someone else is selling that couch and I'm missing out?" So, I first went to the furniture stores in town, online. After that disappointment I decided to go to Overstock.com and what did I find?
That's right. My dream couch. IN RED! Its not only $400 cheaper than the couch of my dreams in green, it comes with the ottoman. Which makes it $800 cheaper. What a steal! This is me, looking at Kyle, right now:
No we probably wont get it as it is still out of our price range.
Someday dream couch, you will be mine, and we will sit happily together blogging, designing, and editing photos. Someday...




3 comments:
It's good to have dreams, Jenni. Aim high! :)
I feel the same everytime I see awesome big huge houses....a person can always dream.....personally I like the red one better :-)
That IS a pretty awesome couch Jenni. You know though God works in mysterious ways. Maybe you will get your couch some day. You just never know.
Post a Comment