Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Story

Hey!
This is for all that want to hear our full story :) I will start far away and work our way closer. It started with a meal. Northwestern had a place called the "Snack Bar" that you would go eat at if you couldn't make it to a regular NWC meal. Every time I ate in there I saw a cute boy sitting with Michael Ortemeier. Since I knew who Michael was I would every so often go over and talk to him just to get a little closer to this cute boy he was dining with.
The school year ended and I went in to get knee surgery on both my knees. For the week after that I was on a couch with not a whole lot of ability to get up and move around. So, I decided to go through all my friends on facebook and say how I was friends with them! (lame I know) When I was going through my friends I came up to a boy named "Kyle Ochsner". He was cute! So instead of skipping over him since I couldn't remember actually meeting him I facebooked him and said "so I'm going through my facebook and i see one of my friends is kyle!... but it made me feel really really bad and i hate to admit it but... have i met u? :( i don't know" I had an incling of who it was and was really excited when he replied with "no. but we ate at the snack bar at the same time on MWF, I always ate with Mike Ortmeier"
That summer Kyle and I became somewhat friends through MSN and facebook. In the fall the school year started. I was busy with Rush (a student led dance concert) and he was busy with football. It wasn't until after rush that we really started hanging out. (which is early September of '06)
Kyle and I started going to chapel together, eating together, and watching movies together ever so often. It wasn't until November that I finally started getting sick of people asking me "Hey, so what are you and Kyle?" When my answer was almost always, "I don't know, ask him!" I was totally cool with not having a "title" but seeing as how it seemed that everyone else wasn't, I decided to talk to him about it. It was Friday the 3rd of November and we were chillin' at my apartment watching a movie. Me and my blunt self said "So Kyle, everyone keeps asking me what we are and I'm getting a little tired of not being able to answer, what are we?" And Kyle replied, "Well, don't laugh at me. But I'm kind of old fashioned, I would kind of like to ask your dad's permission first."
So sweet right! That's when I knew, that if he had the respect to ask my dad's permission to date me, that he would probably be a good guy to keep around!
Kyle came to church with me that Sunday and that afternoon (when I wasn't around) he asked my dad's permission to date me.
At 12:05 am on Monday morning the 6th of November, Kyle asked me "so, do you want to make this thing official?" And I said "Oh... I don't know..." hahah waited for a reaction and then said "Yes of course I do!"
That is how it all began! Now, 1 year and 8 months ish later we are engaged to be married! That story coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can attest to the truth of this "story". Unlike other tales of grand adventure, the facts of this story remaing the same each time it is told. A story of Love born, Love nurtured, and finally realized in a solemn commitment of vows spoken. Mutually embarking on a life long journey, to enjoy the fruits of peace, patience, and of yes, the centerpiece, LOVE, of which will endure the test of time for it is built apon a strong foundation and cornerstone.