Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Proposal Story

First things first, I first wrote the story out, then I went back through it and put Kyle's little additions in blue.

Wow,
where do I start? I was gone in Thailand for 3 weeks this summer from May 18th till June 8th. A week after that Kyle said he wanted to go fishing in Uncle Carl and Aunt Theresa's pond. They stock their pond with fish because they love to fish but they don't like eating fish, so when you go fishing there you almost get tired from catching so many fish!
Before we left I got dressed upstairs and Kyle changed in the basement. We met in the kitchen on the main floor and we were both wearing camouflage. If I would have told Kyle to take it off and change, he wouldn't have, and same for me. So I just shrugged it off. Those shorts were the only ones that I could put the ring box in with out it showing through the pockets! There was no way I was changing!
Right before we left, Casey asked if she could go. Now I had a small tiny little incling that something "big" was going to happen when we went fishing, but Kyle removed that thought by saying yes to Casey's plea. I figured this would throw Jenni off the scent, and it worked. :)
Kyle knew that me and my aunt and uncle are pretty tight so he knew I would be excited to go. When we got to their house I went right inside to chat with Carl and Theresa for about a good half hour. While I was inside Kyle and Casey (mainly Kyle) got everything set up. This gave me a chance to hook up Jenni's line with the bobber, ring, and weight that I had rigged up before we got there without her seeing. By the time we got outside Casey had already caught one fish. My line had already been cast out so I just went to sit next to Kyle in the grass and chilled for about the next 2-3 hours because I never got one single bite! Casey ended up catching another fish and Kyle had two that got away. The only reason the fish on my line got away is because I was so busy paying attention to Jenni's fishing pole and re casting it out when the current pulled it in while Jenni was looking away.
Casey started to get bored and asked if we could go. So we packed up our stuff and I went to real in my pole. As I did I noticed something sparkly on the line instead of a hook! I asked Kyle "Kyle... wh.. wha.. what is that?" he said "I don't know Jenni, what do you think it is?" I replied "I.. I... I don't know Kyle. You wouldn't put a ring in the pond, this isn't real, this can't be real."
Kyle then pulled a blue box out of his pocket with the REAL ring in it and said "Jennifer La Raine Sybesma, will you marry me?" and I replied in a whiney sad voice, "But your not on your knee!" hahahahahah
Then Kyle got on his knee and I immediately said yes! It was a wonderful thing miss Casey was there because she took amazing photos for us! It is nice to be able to share this memory via pictures!
When we got back to my house Kyle pulled out a red folder that inside had a journal. In this journal he had from the day that I left to Thailand until the day I returned. All he had written about was how he missed me, how he loved me, how he had purchased the ring, how he asked my dads permission, and how he felt about everything that was going on!
He is a wonderful man and I am so very happy that I am going to spend the rest of my life with him! Discovering new things about each other and falling in love more and more every day! The good the bad the everything! Its all going to make for such an amazing life!

No comments: